More than a place--it's a writer's muse.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wylde Wednesday Willickers

Wednesday seems to sneek up on me every week. I get very excited for my post about Monday and then, suddenly, here I am and no blog. At least the stripper boot glasses are clean today. We're having mimosas.

Which brings me to the subject at hand. How do people write when they are under the influence? Isn't that like drunk dialing? So many of the great authors were lushes or they had their mouths glued to the hookah pipe. And no, that wasn't a ghetto derivative of hooker. If you don't know what it is, google it. I'll wait.

Okay, anyway. I do know so people who like to be in a different state of mind when they write and I don't understand it. It's the story that takes me to a different place, not the George Dickel, that evil bourbon.

Not to mention, I don't think that the great lushes were very good writers either. I will admit that some of those who were addicted to the Green Fairy (absinthe) wrote some fabulous pieces. Stoker was one who was rumored to be seeing green and so was Poe.

What about any of you? Do you enjoy a glass of wine when you write or maybe three? Or are any of those authors among your favorites?

6 comments:

Desert Dreamer said...

I have 6 different bottles of the Green Fairy in my liquer cabinet and an absinthe fountain...How the heck do you think I came up with the idea for The Hooded Man ;)

Gail Hart said...

Sometimes being just the teeniest bit buzzed helps me to loosen up and stop worrying about whether what I'm doing is perfect and just WRITE!

Unknown said...

Hehee. Have you tried the absinthe lollys from Lollyphile? They are yummy! I haven't been brave enough to try the maple bacon yet.

Unknown said...

Gail, it must work for you because Confessions is awesome!

Jennifer L Hart said...

In my case, the creativity goes up but the spelling hits rock bottom.

Desert Dreamer said...

I haven't the lollies. I will have to look into them.
Have you ever tried a "death in the afternoon"? It is equal parts champagne to absinthe.
Apparently Hemmingway invented it.

Jen, my spelling sucks when I'm sober so...drink up!

 
The Sanibel Divas © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você