More than a place--it's a writer's muse.

Friday, October 2, 2009

... And sadly, some things do

And while you're at it, barkeep, bring me another one so I can drink a toast to legendary romance editor Kate Duffy, who lost her battle with cancer this week. Though I met her a couple of times at the Washington Romance Writers annual retreat, I can’t say I knew her personally. So I’ll refer you to a moving tribute by someone who did, my friend and former critique partner Robin Kaye:

http://casablancaauthors.blogspot.com/

Here’s to you, Kate!

1 comments:

Liane Gentry Skye said...

I rode in an elevator with Kate once--didn't know who she was at the time. But I've never forgotten the sheer force of her personality. An amazing, charismatic woman who knew, in no uncertain terms, what she wanted, and wasn't afraid to say so. We could all stand to take a lesson from her in that respect.

 
The Sanibel Divas © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você