More than a place--it's a writer's muse.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Crit by Published and Award-Winning Horror Novelist Ray Garton

This is a special, out of the norm post from Text Diva Saranna DeWylde. Nope, your calendar isn't wrong. It's not Wylde Wednesday. My friend and insanely talented author, Ray Garton is auctioning off a novel critique. Check below for details! He's been in the trenches awhile and knows what he's talking about, my darlings. A great guy who will give you an honest critique and real answers to any questions you have about your novel or the publishing industry! Of course, if you haven't read his Ravenous you should! It's the definitive werewolf novel, it's right up there next to The Howling for me! Okay, on to the dirty (juicy) details!



Have your unpublished novel critiqued by a professional novelist!

Award-winning bestseller Ray Garton is auctioning off a critique.



Are you an aspiring writer with an unpublished novel that you’re eager to sell? Could you use some advice from a professional writer? Would you be interested in having a veteran writer give you a full critique of your novel and answer any questions you may have about writing, the publishing business and getting published? That’s what this auction offers to the winning bidder.



My name is Ray Garton and over the last 25 years, I’ve written about 60 books (it’s been awhile since I’ve done an exact count). My novels include Seductions, Darklings, the Bram Stoker Award-nominated Live Girls, Crucifax, Trade Secrets, The New Neighbor, Dark Channel, Shackled, Sex and Violence in Hollywood, Biofire, Night Life, The Loveliest Dead, Ravenous, Bestial, and the upcoming paperback release Scissors, among others. Four of my books are in the works as movies. I wrote the 1992 book In A Dark Place: The Story of A True Haunting, which told the allegedly “true” story of a family who claimed to have been plagued by demons while living in a former funeral home. The same story was used as the basis for the TV re-enactment and feature film The Haunting in Connecticut. I have written dozens of short stories that have been published in magazines and anthologies and in five collections: Methods of Madness, Pieces of Hate, Slivers of Bone, The Girl in the Basement and Other Stories, and ‘Nids and Other Stories. Under the pseudonym Joseph Locke, I’ve written several young adult thrillers and horror novels, including Kill the Teacher’s Pet, Petrified, Game Over, Kiss of Death, 1-900-Killer, and Vengeance. I’ve also written several movie novelizations – The Nightmares on Elm Street, Invaders From Mars, Warlock, and others – and numerous TV tie-ins for shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Sabrina the Teenage Witch and The Secret World of Alex Mack. My novel Live Girls (soon to be a motion picture) was nominated for the Bram Stoker Award for Best Novel of the Year by the Horror Writers Association, and in 2006 I received the Grand Master of Horror Award from the World Horror Society.



I am offering a full critique of your unpublished novel. I’ll read the manuscript, make notes (this is a critique and not a line-by-line edit), and then you and I will have a long online chat. We will discuss every aspect of your novel at length, what I think works, what I think doesn’t work, and how I think you might improve your book with an eye toward selling it. I will answer any questions you have about the novel, the publishing business, and writing in general.



I’m just one writer, of course, and I cannot guarantee that your book will sell. The best I can do is offer you my opinion, but it will be an opinion based on 25 years of professional writing experience, of mistakes made, lessons learned, and goals achieved. This auction will be your chance to draw on that experience.



I look forward to reading your novel and doing what I can to help you achieve your goals.

Clickety-Click!
Bid Now


0 comments:

 
The Sanibel Divas © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você